All Visitors are Welcome!!
Who We Are
Columbine Unitarian Universalist Church provides a religious home where we can follow our own spiritual paths together. We seek to transform ourselves and the larger community by living lives of integrity, service and love.
We realize as a new visitor, you may want to know “who we are” before you attend a worship service or event. With that in mind we hope this page, as well as the entire website offer insight into who we are as a congregational community.
We are people of all ages, backgrounds, and beliefs. We create spirituality and community beyond boundaries, working for more justice and more love in our own lives and in the world.
In Unitarian Universalism, you can bring your whole self: your full identity, your questioning mind, your expansive heart. By creating meaningful communities that draw from many wisdom traditions, and more, we are embodying a vision “beyond belief:” a vision of peace, love, and understanding.
Unitarian Universalism affirms and promotes seven Principles, grounded in the humanistic teachings of the world’s religions. Our spirituality is unbounded, drawing from scripture and science, nature and philosophy, personal experience and ancient tradition.
We hold our weekly service on Sunday mornings at 10:00 am. Children sit with their families for the first 30 minutes and are invited to sit at the front of the sanctuary for a “Story for All Ages.” They are welcome to join the rest of the children as they go to their faith development classes. Childcare is provided and free of charge. After the service, we invite you to join us for coffee, and conversation. To find out more about our worship services click here.
We Are Located:
6724 S. Webster St, Littleton, CO 80128 Click here to see a map to our location
Seven Principles – As Unitarian Universalist we have seven principles that guide our morals and values. We live out these Principles within a “living tradition” of wisdom and spirituality, drawn from sources as diverse as science, poetry, scripture, and personal experience.
- 1st Principle: The inherent worth and dignity of every person;
- 2nd Principle: Justice, equity and compassion in human relations;
- 3rd Principle: Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth in our congregations;
- 4th Principle: A free and responsible search for truth and meaning;
- 5th Principle: The right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within our congregations and in society at large;
- 6th Principle: The goal of world community with peace, liberty, and justice for all;
- 7th Principle: Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part.
We Are A Welcoming Congregation
Being welcoming means striving for radical inclusion, and creating spaces that honor every part of our identities, backgrounds, and experiences, especially our LGBTQ community. For more information about what a “Welcoming Congregation” means, click here
Find Out More About Unitarian Universalism