Columbine UU Church is now hiring an enthusiastic person who would like to work for a progressive religious organization, located in Littleton, CO, making a positive difference in the world. The Office Assistant is responsible for a variety of ministry support services and will be working closely with the minister for the administration of the church program under moderate supervision.
Our ideal candidate will be skilled in current office applications for computers and able to work with a wide variety of volunteers. The position is supervised by the minister and is responsible to the Board of Trustees.
It is an 8-hour per week job at $15 an hour commensurate with experience. An ample on-site office is provided.
Reports To: The Minister (or Board President in the Minister’s absence)
• Sexton (janitorial services)
• Childcare Providers
• Snow Removal Contractor
— Principal Duties and Responsibilities —
- Basic clerical work: answers phone and email messages, sorts mail, filing, etc…
- Keeps church calendar in cooperation with volunteer scheduler
- Maintains membership and attendance records and directory
- Recruits, hires, and coordinates childcare providers includes running background checks
- Coordinates Sexton (janitorial) and other contract labor as required
- Manages and supports volunteers
- Manages office budget and ordering for supplies, Scrip and Equal Exchange sales, etc.
- Coordinates with Communication Specialist on internal and external church communications, consisting of, but not limited to: weekly e-blasts, order of service and activity insert, monthly newsletter, annual report, advertising and any additional internal or external communications needed.
- Functions as resource person for church Members, Teams, Board, and other Staff, including: Director of Faith Development Director and Music Director
- Supports healthy communication and relationships between the church and its constituencies including: congregants, staff, teams, neighbors, contractors.
- Manages facilities under oversight of Facilities Team
- Promotes and schedules rentals.
- Refers all special events such as memorial services, weddings, etc., to the Minister
- Works with Facilities Team to manage requests for all facilities maintenance activities, including security, repairs, landscaping, copier repairs and maintenance, and cleaning contractors
- Keeps master calendar of activities and building usage
We are now hiring for the above responsibilities. This is not an exhaustive list. From time to time the Minister or President of Board of Trustees may assign additional duties.
- Experience in not-for-profit organizations helpful
- Administrative or office experience preferred
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and problem solving skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks independently
- Competency with computers, including Internet, word processing, WordPress, database, and church management programs (experience with Power Church is a plus)
- Respect for Unitarian Universalist values and principles
- Ability to work closely with the minister and maintain confidentiality
- A sense of humor is a bonus!
About Columbine UU Church:
CUUC is a pastoral-size congregation with 92 adult members and 25 children and youth registered in our program. CUUC called Rev Julia McKay in April of 2013. We are now hiring an Office Assistant who can help carry our vision and mission forward.
Growing a Progressive Spiritual Family to Build a Just and Loving World
Columbine Unitarian Universalist Church provides a religious home where we can follow own spiritual paths together. We seek to transform ourselves and the larger community by living lives of integrity, service and love.
Our simplified mission:
Live Who You Are, Serve a Greater Good, and Practice Love and Compassion