Rev Julia is taking a six-week bereavement leave, Dec. 13 – Jan. 23. Rev Julia expresses her gratitude to the congregation for extending this grace in her time of grief.
In her absence, Rev Julia has arranged for the following to cover her primary ministry responsibilities during this time away:
- Worship Programs and speakers are already in place for all Sundays through February 2018. Contact Jen Ward, Chair of Worship Arts, [email protected], for any worship-related questions. Worship Associates are still needed for some Sundays.
- Three UU ministers in the area will be on call for pastoral counseling during her leave. M.J. Erickson-Eger will receive and coordinate all requests for pastoral care and help connect you to a minister providing care. Please contact MJ at her confidential email, [email protected], or cell 720-732-8619; except between Dec 21-27, as Maureen Flanigan will coordinate pastoral care needs for that week. Maureen’s confidential email and phone are: [email protected], cell 720-201-2417.
- AND, Rev. Julia has also scheduled an Adult Faith Development class for January entitled, “The Stories and Theologies of Unitarian Universalism.” The Reverend Stephan Papa, who was the minister at First Universalist when Columbine UU was organized, will lead three sessions following the Sunday services on January 7, 14, and 21 from 11:30am-12:45pm at Columbine. Please watch the newsletter and eblast for additional information.
All other church operations will remain as-is for now. Please contact the following individuals for:
- Budget questions: Anne Baalman, [email protected]
- Sunday volunteer questions: Doug Eulberg, [email protected]
- Communications questions: Sandi Rhynard, [email protected]
- Ordering supplies: Pauline Hopkins, [email protected]
- Governance and overall church concerns can be directed to CUUC President, Carol Steele, [email protected]
Our Settled Minister, Rev Julia McKay
On Sunday, October 5th, 2014 we celebrated the joyous installation of Rev. Julia in a service at the 1st Unitarian Society of Denver.
After a long candidating process, a candidate selection, and a great week getting to know Rev. Julia, we voted on Sunday, April 28th 2013 to call her as our full-time settled minister. The vote overwhelmingly passed, with no “nay” votes. We started our journey of shared ministry with Rev. Julia August 1st, 2013. This culminated in the recent installation, denoting a promise between Rev. Julia and the Columbine UU Church congregation to carry out our mission and realize our dreams for our church in loving community together.
Reverend Julia was the minister at Glacier UU Fellowship in Kalispell, Montana. She grew up in Castle Rock, Colorado and is excited about coming back to her home territory. Rev Julia received degrees in education and psychology from Colorado State University and University of Northern Colorado before receiving her Master of Divinity from the Starr King School for Ministry in 2008. She completed her parish internship at Shoreline UU Church, as well as a full hospital/hospice Chaplain Residency, in Seattle, WA.
Rev. Julia looks forward to working with Columbine to grow ministry together. She values a community that invests in mutual ministry and promotes relationships that are infused with collaboration, commitment, and care. She welcomes us as a congregation where people are empowered to bring their gifts in the service of something greater. In these times of multi-layered cultural change, uncertainty, and difficulty, it seems that our natural human longings for deeper connection, emotional maturity, and fostering peace in the world are now more pressing than ever.
Rev.Julia McKay – [email protected], 720-975-6235