Seeking Passionate Director
Columbine Unitarian Universalist Church (CUUC)
Potential job-share with Prairie UU Church and Castle Rock UU Community for additional hours.
Category: Half-time, salaried, 20 hours per week
Pay/Benefits: Subject to CUUC Personnel Policy Manual, UUA Geo Index 4
Dates: June 1, 2018 through June 30, 2019; annual renewal possible.
The Director of Faith Development at Columbine Unitarian Universalist Church (hereafter CUUC), will coordinate and administer a creative and engaging religious education program for youth and children (K-12) at small dynamic church.
Apply Now: https://form.jotform.com/80945706284161
Our Hiring Timeline:
April 22, 2018 — Application and resume due
April 24-30 — Interviews
May 1 — Offer
Start Date — May 15, 2018
- Previous experience in UU religious education programs.
- Education background preferred.
- LREDA credential or willing to work toward credential.
- Demonstrate an understanding of developmental needs of children and youth.
- Enthusiasm for working with children!
- Capacity to create lesson plans, based on monthly themes.
- Can recruit, train, inspire, organize and motivate adult volunteers.
- Social Media and Google Doc skills.
- Friendly and involved with the congregation, i.e, social hour on Sunday mornings or other events.
- Interfaces well with Office Assistant, Minister, and other staff.
- Childcare Coordinator and childcare providers.
- Have an open mind, a warm heart, and helping hands.
- Good communication skills and healthy relationship building with the larger congregation, including monthly newsletter column.
- Organized, including tracking budget and ordering supplies.
- Knowledgable about UU principles or willingness to learn.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Develop programs and activities that enhance the imagination and inspire the children and adult volunteers to learn and grow spiritually.
- Event planning for monthly family game nights or other gatherings to create fellowship among families.
- Coordinate programming for middle school, OWL and Coming of Age.
- Understand our Unitarian Universalist faith and CUUC’s Vision and Mission a driving force for the work.
- Understand how to create and maintain a welcoming space and use a multicultural, anti-racist, anti-oppressive lens to view the work.
- Adhere to CUUC’s Safety Policy and annually teach safety orientation to volunteer teachers and advisors.
- Become trained as teacher for Our Whole Lives (OWL) sexuality curriculum.
- Deepen knowledge of the world’s religious traditions.
About Columbine UU Church:
CUUC is a pastoral-size congregation with 92 adult members and 25 children and youth registered in our program. CUUC called Rev Julia McKay in April of 2013.
Growing a Progressive Spiritual Family to Build a Just and Loving World
Columbine Unitarian Universalist Church provides a religious home where we can follow own spiritual paths together. We seek to transform ourselves and the larger community by living lives of integrity, service and love.
Our simplified mission:
Live Who You Are, Serve a Greater Good, and Practice Love and Compassion
Download job description:
DFD Job posting April 2018