WE ARE STILL LOOKING FOR THE RIGHT MATCH! DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS SUNDAY, AUGUST 13.
Come work in a dynamic, liberal religious organization that is working to grow and is very busy making meaning in the world. There is a lot to do, and we are looking for the right fit to do it. If you are a people person, enjoy working on a team where your unique gifts are valued, have strong attention to detail and love to check tasks off your list — this is the job for you! This opportunity is for people who ideally want part-time work.
You will be responsible for:
- Office management duties, such as scheduling meetings/events, preparing documents, scheduling volunteers, and maintaining weekly support for church activities, and direct support to the Minister.
- General administrative support (filing, time tracking, expense report preparation, managing and ordering supplies, getting and sorting the mail, some office errands, answering the phone, etc. )
- Marketing through various social media outlets
You must be able to:
- Communicate and interact with visitors, friends, and members in a professional manner both in writing and verbally
- Answers and routs incoming calls, schedules building use and work hours for others. Helps others stay focused, on task, and meet deadlines
- Maintain office systems and church membership/mailing lists
- Preparation and distribution of written/printed materials such as newsletters, Sunday bulletins, using email marketing platforms such as Constant Contact
- Work in MS Windows, MS Office, Google Drive, DropBox, and social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter,
- Research and gather information from the internet and other sources
- Break projects into discrete tasks and use systems to perform repetitive tasks with ease and accuracy
- Operate office equipment, and ensure maintenance
- Knowledge of basic accounting will be helpful but not required
Required personal characteristics:
- Team player who likes to work collaboratively
- Self-starter, ability to be results-oriented and keep us on track
- Super organized and detail-oriented
- Flexible, able to meet unique demands
- An eye for quality and efficiency oriented
- Thoroughly complete tasks
- On time and reliable
- Honest, authentic, and loyal
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Aligns with our values and principles
Who we are:
We are a radically welcoming, friendly, progressive church in Littleton, CO. We have been providing spiritual inspiration, and boldly living love and justice by being of service to others, for the last 24 years.
What we offer:
- An amazing organization to work for http://columbineuuchurch.org
- Flexible work schedule
- Competitive compensation
- Comfortable and friendly environment
- Free parking
This opportunity is part-time (10-15 hours per week) initially, with plans for increased hours when we achieve our growth goals. Hourly W2 wage is $15-16/hour DOE and skill set.
Deadline for applications is August 12, 2017. Please send your resume and a cover letter in which you tell us why you chose to apply for our position to: Minister, Rev Julia McKay, [email protected]
Thank you for your interest in our wonderful organization!